FAMILY BUNDLE AMPANG : MY EXPERIENCE

August 05, 2017



I had gone to Family Bundle located in Ampang and had a decent time there.

WHAT IS A BUNDLE?

Most people know what it is, but this is for those who don't know.

A bundle shop is an outlet where they sell pre-loved / used items for very low price. For instance you can get this Gianna Valentino button collared long sleeve t-shirt for RM5! In great condition might I add.


MY EXPERIENCE

Environment : 

One thing that I love about the place is that it is well ventilated. As it is indoors, they install these huge fans to circulate the air. Thus, it is not that hot in there as well.

I've been to another bundle location and everytime I visit there, I get a flu or some type of iritation in my nose because of all the dust + secondhand unwashed clothing.

They also have fitting rooms, which is rare in a bundle in my experience. Usually, either you try it on in the open, over your shirt, or hope for the best and purchase it.

Prices :

The items sold here range from around RM5.30 up to RM50. You do have to stroll around for quite a while as the shop is huge for a bundle considered most pre-loved outlets are very small.

I stumbled upon an RM5 Champion jacket that looked sick but because it had a few stains I didn't bother.

You can literally get 10 pieces of clothing for around RM50. It is amazing.

Weird Items :

When I go to a thrift, I always expect weird defected shirts. This shop didn't provide much of those. More so a large array of winter clothing, shirts, blazers and such. But I did find a gem, beware it may trigger you...


Office Hours :

From google, they open from 10am to 10pm, but if I recall we were there till 11pm i think so I guess it differs from weekdays to weekends or I am just justifying my bad memory.

Location :

It is in Ampang, so make sure you open up Waze to find the shortest route. We went there with ease cause we passed through a housing area. It was a Saturday night in Ampang, so I was hoping for the worst. Yet, it was manageable.

Pros :

  • large price range (lowest to highest)
  • large array of children /adults clothes available
  • good ventilation
  • presence of fitting rooms
  • many workers
  • large well lit environment
  • small chance of getting weird quirky items
  • drinks available (cold)
  • Great for students
Cons

  • a tad bit dusty
  • small fitting rooms
  • too many choices :D
  • not many weird items but small chance
  • normal shirts only to be honest
Conclusion, do have a look. You may find some gems. Never deny a thrift trip!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Translate

Subscribe